Forest Moon holding auditions for Helium

WAKE FOREST — Forest Moon Theater is holding open auditions for Helium tonight (Thursday), from...

Heritage Society meeting today

LOUISBURG — The Heritage Society of Franklin County will hold its monthly meeting today at 1...

Keep cool at the museum in July

RALEIGH — The N.C. Museum of History is located at 5 E. Edenton St. in downtown Raleigh. Hours...

Rogers Family reunion July 27

The William Washington Rogers family will hold its 90th reunion Sunday, July 27 at 1 p.m. at...
off

Become an outdoors-woman

DURHAM — The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission’s Becoming an Outdoors-Woman (BOW) program...

School Briefs – July 17, 2014

Send school information to schools@wakeweekly.com or by fax to 919-556-2233. Wake Forest...

Parks ADA improvements approved

RALEIGH — The Raleigh City Council voted unanimously Tuesday to award a construction contract...

CROP Walk rally Aug. 12

WAKE FOREST — Volunteers will host a rally Aug. 12 at 6 p.m. for team captains participating in...

health clinic, free pizza at Richland Creek Church

WAKE FOREST — As a part of its outreach mission, Live, Love, Serve, Richland Creek Community...
off

Falconry workshop Aug. 23

RALEIGH — The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission will host a falconry apprentice workshop,...

Stop the train wreck one decision at a time

As I was looking over my weight loss statistics from the past 18 months, I thought I might have...
off

An ode to the tomato days of summer

They’re back — those  gorgeous red and coral and yellow orbs of summer with the exotic names!...

Apply for BBB scholarships

RALEIGH — Applications are being accepted for the 2014 Better Business Bureau Torch...

Golf tourney to benefit Wounded Warriors

WAKE FOREST — A Four Chance Hole-in-One golf tournament to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project...
off

Student data privacy law passes

RALEIGH — Governor Pat McCrory signed into law Senate bill 815, the Ensuring Privacy of Student...
off

Wake Forest student serves as page

RALEIGH — Wake Forest High School student Chandler Britt Byrd served as a page during the...

Library News – June 10, 2014

Bring the little ones to the Wake Forest Community Library, 400 E. Holding Ave., for storytime....

Duke Energy must address leaks

RALEIGH — State dam safety officials ordered Duke Energy to address a final set of piping...

You decide: How can communities revive?

By Mike Walden My wife and I recently spent a long weekend in New York City celebrating our...

Announcements

Events