CROP Walk rally Aug. 12

WAKE FOREST — Volunteers will host a rally Aug. 12 at 6 p.m. for team captains participating in...

health clinic, free pizza at Richland Creek Church

WAKE FOREST — As a part of its outreach mission, Live, Love, Serve, Richland Creek Community...

Falconry workshop Aug. 23

RALEIGH — The N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission will host a falconry apprentice workshop,...

Stop the train wreck one decision at a time

As I was looking over my weight loss statistics from the past 18 months, I thought I might have...

An ode to the tomato days of summer

They’re back — those  gorgeous red and coral and yellow orbs of summer with the exotic names!...

Apply for BBB scholarships

RALEIGH — Applications are being accepted for the 2014 Better Business Bureau Torch...

Golf tourney to benefit Wounded Warriors

WAKE FOREST — A Four Chance Hole-in-One golf tournament to benefit the Wounded Warrior Project...

Student data privacy law passes

RALEIGH — Governor Pat McCrory signed into law Senate bill 815, the Ensuring Privacy of Student...

Wake Forest student serves as page

RALEIGH — Wake Forest High School student Chandler Britt Byrd served as a page during the...

Library News – June 10, 2014

Bring the little ones to the Wake Forest Community Library, 400 E. Holding Ave., for storytime....

Duke Energy must address leaks

RALEIGH — State dam safety officials ordered Duke Energy to address a final set of piping...

You decide: How can communities revive?

By Mike Walden My wife and I recently spent a long weekend in New York City celebrating our...

School Briefs – June 10, 2014

Send school information to schools@wakeweekly.com or by fax to 919-556-2233. Wake Forest...

Wake Electric awards $22,000 in scholarships

WAKE FOREST — Wake Electric has awarded 17 college scholarships totaling $22,000. The $2,000...

Register now for continuing education classes at VGCC

HENDERSON — Vance-Granville Community College is offering several continuing education classes...

Vanilla Ice opens State Fair lineup

RALEIGH — The 2014 N.C. State Fair Dorton Arena lineup will feature performances by country,...

O’Neals celebrate 50th

YOUNGSVILLE — Jack and Vicky O’Neal celebrated 50 years of marriage during an anniversary...

Franklin SPCA news

FRANKLIN COUNTY — Shelter cleanup day takes place from 9:45 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the...

Portion of greenway closed July 16

WAKE FOREST — A section of the Smith Creek Greenway, from Burlington Mills Road to the Neuse...

Announcements

Events